I believe that everyone should have a Mission, Purpose and Goal. They are the ingredients that make your life interesting. I have had, and achieved, plenty of micro goals in my life, but it wasn’t until I created my all encompassing Mission, Purpose and Goal that I reached a level of success that most people only dream of.
My “Mission, Purpose and Goal in life hasn’t changed since 1991, it has evolved, but it hasn’t changed. Here it is: Mission, “to make a positive difference in the lives I touch.” Purpose: “is to have fun.” Goal: “is to make a profit, so that I can keep doing the first two things.
My mission, purpose and goal should give you an idea of who I am, what like, where I am coming from, and what I stand. If you are an entrepreneur and would like to know about the “insights” I used to build several successful businesses before retiring to “Think Outside” in my mid-forties then read my book “If I was going there I wouldn’t want to start from here,” available from Amazon.
With all that being said, I have priced our boutique wedding venue as reasonably and as affordable as possible while still being fair to my employees, myself and the investment that has been made into wedding accessories and equipment, the cottages and furnishings, and the property.
At first glance, Think Outside may appear to be expensive when compared to other venues, but it’s not. Check out the math below.
When you compare everything we provide in our wedding packages you’ll see that we are not only very reasonably priced, but that we provide much more, for much less than other venues.
Here are some examples:
- If you rented a (40 X 80) white Eureka Reception Tent, like ours, it would cost $2000.
- 10 rooms, for 20 people would easily cost $1500 per night
- You can rent Chairs between $3 and $10 each, and you’ll need one set for the ceremony and another set for the receptions. So you’ll need twice as many chairs as there are guests.
- Tables rent for around $8 to $10 each
- Dance floors rent for around $600
- If you really want a shock, ask what it cost to rent a floor for inside the tent. The last time I checked it was over $4000
- Exclusivity and Privacy have value also, I just don’t know how to put a value on it, but you do.
Just the tent, the rooms, the dance floor and the tent floor would cost you around $8000 for one day, and I didn’t even include the tables and chairs because I don’t know how many guests you are inviting.
Here’s how I do the value math. I will use our Three (3) days and Two (2) nights package. You arrive around 2:00pm on Friday and leave by noon (12:00) on Sunday. It is $8,495.00
Three days divided by $8,495 equals $2,832 per day. If you divide $2,832 by 20 people staying on the grounds of “Think Outside” that equals $141.60 per person per day, if only 20 people came to the wedding and reception.
If you want to put a price on price on exclusivity and privacy then just divide 45 hours, which is the number of hours from 2:00pm on Friday to noon (12:00) on Sunday, and that comes out to $189 per hour. That’s less than $9.45 per hour, per person, if your have 20 people staying in the cottages.
Any way that I do the math, our pricing seems more than fair, if just 20 people were using the privacy of the grounds and rooms for the weekend and nothing more.
Once you add everything in that is include in our wedding and reception packages, along with the 10 rooms and the private grounds, you’ll discover that $8,495 is a very reasonably price. Maybe it is to reasonable, the movie stars pay much more for places that don’t even come close to the majestic beauty of “Think Outside.”
Here is a partial of what is included in our wedding packages besides the 10 rooms and the park like grounds and lakefront.
- Our white, 3200 sq. ft., Eureka reception tent, with a floor.
- Tent sidewalls with windows (used if it rains or if it is windy)
- Lighting for the tent
- Parquet dance floor
- Ceremony chairs for up to 200 guests
- Set-up of ceremony chairs
- White fencing, used to outline the ceremony site
- Reception tables and chairs for up to 200 people
- Extra tables as needed for the DJ, Cake, Gifts, Caterers, etc.
- Several different types of Pedestals for flowers
- Bar, Ice chests, keg cooler
- Shuttle service for guests from and to the parking lot
- Music on the waterfront
- Rehearsal dinner area, with grill and use of several refrigerators, if needed
- Delivery of the Bride to the ceremony site in our Rolls Royce or Limousine
- Gazebo’s Chairs, Benches and Patio Furniture and Picnic Tables throughout the park like setting for your guests to enjoy.
- Private Pier with gorgeous sunsets
- Fire pit and firewood
- Help with ceremony rehearsal and the ceremony
- Add $400 for us to DJ the Wedding & Reception (not always available).
It is impossible to list everything we have from extension cords to walkie talkies to insurance that things run smoothly. There are a lot go moving parts, that should go completely unnoticed, in a properly run outdoor wedding and reception.
I normally tell people “if we own it, and you need it, we’ll let you use it at no extra charge within reason. We won’t nickel and dime you to death with extra charges.
We have hosted over a 170 weddings over the past 10 years and there isn’t much, if anything, that we don’t have experience with. Because of that, we’re prepared for.surprises that you may never have thought about.
There are 7 different Destination Wedding Packages available at “Think Outside”.
There is a 20% discount, if the wedding and reception are alcohol free. This discount does not apply to wedding package # 7 (A moment of Waterfront Tranquility). This discount applies to wedding packages # 1 through # 6 only.
Wedding Packages # 1 through # 4 include up to 20 guests staying in the cottage on the grounds.
- Up to 30 guests can stay on the grounds. There is however, an additional charge for each guests over 20.
1. The“Time to Relax” wedding vacation package is 5 days and 4 Nights.
- Check in after 2:00 pm Wednesday and check out by noon (12:00) on Sunday. …… $9,995
2. “Reconnect & Reflect” wedding package is 4 Days and 3 Nights.
- Check in after 2:00 pm Thursday and check out by noon (12:00) on Sunday. ………. $9,250
3. “Celebrate & Share” wedding package is 3 Days and 2 Nights.
- Check in after 2:00 pm Friday and check out by noon (12:00) on Sunday. ………. $8,495
4. “Fun & Simple” wedding package is 2 Days and 1 Night:
- Check in after 11:00 pm Saturday and check out by 10:00am on Sunday. …….….. $7,995
- NOTE: The ceremony will have to be 6:00 pm or later, to allow time for rehearsal, set up of the ceremony site chairs, reception area and decorating the tables.
- This package requires perfect timing.
Version # 2 of the “Fun & Simple” wedding package is exactly the same except the wedding and reception takes place on Friday.
- Check in after 11:00 pm Friday and check out by 10:00am on Saturday.
5. “Short & Quick” wedding and reception only package. No overnight stay.
- Arrive at 10 am and the reception ends at 10:00 pm or before …………….……….. $6,995
- NOTE: The ceremony will have to be 5:00 pm or later, to allow time for rehearsal, set up of the ceremony site chairs, reception area and decorating the tables.
- 2 rooms, one for the Bride & Bridesmaids to get ready in and one for the Groom and Groomsmen.
- This package requires perfect timing and planning.
- All clean up must be done on the same day before leaving.
6. “Just the Party” package is the reception only.
- Guests can start arriving anytime after 5:00 pm and closing time is 11:00pm ………$3,995
- Includes tent, tables, chairs, dance floor, lights, bar area, restrooms, use of the grounds
- Does not include use of the fire pit
- All clean up must be done on the same day before leaving.
7. “A moment of Waterfront Tranquility” is a, 2 hour time slot, for the wedding ceremony only.
Sunday to Friday before 3:00pm, Bride & Groom only, site fee …………………………… $245
Friday after 3:00pm and Saturday , Bride & Groom only, site fee …………………………. $345
- Each guests beyond the bride & groom is an additional $15, maximum number of guests is 200
- No Officiant
- No Alcohol
- No Reception
- No Tent
- Pictures before and after the wedding,as long as it is within the time allowed.
- One room for the Bride & Bridesmaids to get ready in, and a changing area only, for the Groom and Groomsmen.
- Includes set-up of the ceremony site
- Doesn’t include decorating ceremony site